The Province has released all 5,481 photos taken during the Stanley Cup riot.
The Province has decided to make available to its readers all 5,481 images taken by its staff photographers during the Stanley Cup riot on June 15 last year.
Editor-in-Chief Wayne Moriarty said the decision was made so that the newspaper’s readers will be able to view the photos before they’re handed over to Vancouver police under a court order.
“Our readers know we are not in concert with the police,” said Moriarty. “The courts have forced us to give police our images, so everything we give to the police, the readers will get to look at.”